The apocalypse begins with tea. Featuring an all-female cast and crew, this remarkable interpretation of Caryl Churchill’s award winning play bends through time and space to illuminate four friends sitting in a garden, on the precipice of complete catastrophe. With wicked humour and profound prescience, master playwright Caryl Churchill (Cloud Nine) shows us a poetic world, close to devastation and closer than we think.
Approximate running time: 60 minutes with no intermission.
WINNER - BEST PLAY - WRITER'S GUILD AWARDS
Soulpepper is pleased to offer a relaxed performance for this production on Nov. 10 (2:00 PM) featuring a less restrictive audience environment and experience. Click here for more information.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spEscapedAlone
Illustration: Marie Lafrance
Necessary Angel’s participation is made possible through the generous support of Sandra Simpson
Watch & Listen
- JENNIFER TARVER, Director
- TERESA PRZBYLSKI, Set & Costume Designer
- JENNIFER LENNON, Lighting Designer
- VERNE GOOD, Sound Designer
- HEIDI STRAUSS, Movement Coach
- DIANE PITBLADO, Dialect Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- LAURIE MERREDEW, Stage Manager
- LYNETTE BLANCHARD, Assistant Stage Manager
- JORDANA WEISS, Rehearsal Assistant Stage Manager