PROJECT IMAGINATION COMMISSION
An original Soulpepper musical three years in the making.
In the idyllic mountain town of Somewhere, everyone knows exactly who they are and what their place is. Except for Rose. Rose is different, and she knows it. Rose has big questions about the world around her, and embarks on the adventure of a lifetime to find the answers for herself.
From Sarah Wilson and Mike Ross, co-creator of Spoon River (Critics Pick – New York Times) comes an inspiring and joyful musical about acceptance, love, and finding your own path, even when that path isn’t what you thought it would be.
Recommended for ages 5-105
Note: This productions contains haze, fog, and use of strobes
Approximate running time: 2 hours, including a 20-minute intermission.
Soulpepper is pleased to offer relaxed performances for this production on Jan. 27 (1:30 PM) and Feb. 2 (1:30 PM) featuring a less restrictive audience environment and experience. Click here for more information.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spRose & #LetLoveOut
Support for Rose is generously provided by The Garland ImagiNation Fund and two anonymous donors.
Music Sponsor: The Slaight Family
Illustration: Marie Lafrance
Watch & Listen
- TROY ADAMS, Ensemble
- MICHELLE BOUEY, Ensemble/Cello Player
- ALANA BRIDGEWATER, Wild Woman/Ensemble
- FRANK COX-O'CONNELL, Frank
- OLIVER DENNIS, Lion/Ensemble
- RAQUEL DUFFY, Ensemble
- JONATHAN ELLUL , Love/Ensemble
- PETER FERNANDES, Willie
- HAILEY GILLIS, Rose
- SCOTT HUNTER, Bass
- RAHA JAVANFAR, Ensemble/Violin Player
- JOHN MILLARD, Ensemble/Banjo Player
- SABRYN ROCK, Teacher / Ensemble
- JAMES SMITH, Ensemble/Keys
- ADAM WARNER, Drums
- GREGORY PREST, Director
- SARAH WILSON, Lyrics and Book
- MIKE ROSS, Music and Book, Arranger, and Music Director
- JENNY WEISZ, Assistant Director
- LORENZO SAVOINI, Set, Lighting & Projection Designer
- KAITLYN MACKINNON, Sound Designer
- ALEXANDRA LORD, Costume Designer
- MONTGOMERY MARTIN, Associate Projection Designer
- NICOLE BELLAMY, Rehearsal Pianist
- MONICA DOTTOR, Choreographer
- ROBERT HARDING, Stage Manager
- ERIKA MOREY, Assistant Stage Manager
- COLE VINCENT, Apprentice Stage Manager