In the Deep South, music and ritual intertwine with Yoruba mythology, in this explosive story of a prodigal brother’s return home. From the writer of Moonlight, the 2017 Academy Award winner for Best Picture, comes a bracing, honest, and moving portrait of brotherhood.
Note: This production contains mature themes, significant use of haze effects and strong language that may be offensive to some patrons.
Due to an unforeseen circumstance the role of Oshoosi previously played Thomas Olajide will now be performed by Mazin Elsadig, and we welcome him to the team.
Approximate running time: 90 minutes with no intermission.
NEW YORK TIMES OUTSTANDING PLAYWRIGHT AWARD
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spBrothersSize
Daren A. Herbert, Marcel Stewart, and Mazin Elsadig. Photo: Cylla von Tiedemann
Watch & Listen
- MUMBI TINDYEBWA OTU, Director
- KWAKU OKYERE, Assistant Director
- KEN MACKENZIE, Set Designer
- RACHEL FORBES, Costume Designer
- RAHA JAVANFAR, Lighting Designer
- JENNIFER LENNON, Assistant Lighting Designer
- THOMAS RYDER PAYNE, Sound Designer
- WALEED ABDULHAMID, Composer
- KOBENA ACQUAAH-HARRISON, Composer
- JASMYN FYFFE, Movement Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- LAURIE MERREDEW, Stage Manager
- JORDAN GUETTER, Assistant Stage Manager
- SIOBHAN RICHARDSON, Intimacy Coach
- ALICIA RICHARDSON, Dialect and Voice Coach
- SANDY MACINTYRE, Cross Cultural Consultant