Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Murray McLauchlan, and Neil Young -before they were icons, they all played The Riverboat. Opened in 1964 in the basement of a Victorian row house, the Riverboat Coffee House was the launching pad for Canadian singer-songwriters. Soulpepper’s sold-out concert returns with Mike Ross directing a celebration of the stories and songs that made Yorkville the place to be in the free loving sixties.
Approximate Running Time: 90 minutes
Soulpepper audiences enjoy free admission to the Toronto Christmas Market on the day of your performance with use of the Cherry Street entrance. When you are visiting the Young Centre during the Market, please enter the Distillery District via Cherry St. (Cherry St. and Tank House Lane) to bypass the Market lines.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spRiverboat
SATE. Photo: Daniel Malavasi.
Watch & Listen
- FRANK COX-O'CONNELL, Writer & Director
- MIKE ROSS, Composer, Arranger & Music Director
- CARLY CHAMBERLAIN, Assistant Director
- SIMON ROSSITER, Lighting Designer
- COLTON STANG, Sound Designer
- MONTGOMERY MARTIN, Projection Designer
- ASHLEY IRELAND, Stage Manager
- MADISON KALBHENN, Assistant Stage Manager
- KAT CHIN, Rehearsal Stage Manager