Told in a boxing ring over six rounds, The Royale is an electrifying adrenaline rush that shows us the deeply human cost of making history. From playwright Marco Ramirez (Orange is the New Black, Daredevil) comes a story inspired by World Heavyweight Champion Jack Johnson – who at the height of the Jim Crow era – became the most famous Black man on Earth.
Approximate running time: 90 minutes with no intermission.
Note: This production contains strong language, bright lights, haze and loud noises
$25 Ringside seating available by phone or in person at the Box Office.
*New* Matinee Mornings offer an engaging and interactive 90 minute workshop prior to the October 31 matinee performance. To learn more, click here.
Soulpepper is pleased to offer live ASL interpretation for this production on Oct. 27 (1:30 PM) and Nov. 1 (7:30 PM). $20 tickets are available for Deaf community members and their invited guests. Click here for more information.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION USING #spTheRoyale
Illustration: Marie Lafrance
ASL INTERPRETATION SPONSOR:
Watch & Listen
- GUILLERMO VERDECCHIA, Director
- KEN MACKENZIE, Set & Costume Designer
- SHANNON LEA DOYLE, Associate Set & Costume Designer
- MICHELLE RAMSAY, Lighting Designer
- THOMAS RYDER PAYNE, Sound Designer
- DIANE PITBLADO, Dialect Coach
- KELLY MCEVENUE, Alexander Coach
- SIMON FON, Fight Director
- ARWEN MACDONELL, Stage Manager
- IAN MICHAEL COSTELLO, Assistant Stage Manager
- JOANNE CRIPPS, ASL Coach
- CHRIS DESLOGES, Interpreter
- MONIQUE LEDREW, Interpreter
- ANITA SMALL, Cross Cultural Consultant
- CATHERINE JOELL MACKINNON, Video ASL Interpreter