Common Boots Theatre returns to outdoor winter theatre with Martha Ross’s award- winning, The Story in association with Soulpepper as part of the Soulpepper Family Festival.
Presented at Toronto’s Christie Pits Park, The Story imagines the Nativity as a parable for modern times. The audience follows three wise men as they navigate a complicated world of existential shepherds, imperial soldiers, charming thieves, a bumbling angel, a deranged tyrant, and a lost choir. They are all in search of a headstrong young woman, whose baby — the poorest of the poor — will be born in a trash heap, but is honoured by Kings and will become a symbol of transformation and renewal. Regardless of faith, The Story is a balm in a storm of ennui and confusion.
7:30 p.m. | December 11-30
Admission by donation. Advance tickets are not required.
Please note this performance takes place outside. Please come dressed for the weather. For more information on Outdoor Theatre, click here.
HOW TO GET TO CHRISTIE PITS PARK BY TTC: Exit at Christie Station on the Bloor-Danforth subway line (visit TTC.ca for more information)
Watch & Listen
- MARTHA ROSS, Playwright
- JENNIFER BREWIN, Co-Director
- KATRINA DARYCHUK, Co-Director
- JOHN MILLARD, Music Director
- GLENN DAVIDSON, Lighting Design & Technical Director
- SHANNON LEA DOYLE, Set Designer
- ALEXANDRA LORD, Costume Designer
- KAITLIN HICKEY, Production Manager
- NICK DAVIDSON, Assistant Technical Director
- ISAAC ROBINSON, Assistant Production Manager
- LAURA BAXTER, Stage Manager
- VICTORIA WANG, Assistant Stage Manager